Double Energy Oats!
💪💪20g protein + 6g fiber + 25% Daily Value for iron 💪💪
And did we mention DELICIOUSLY flavored with molasses, vanilla, and cinnamon?
Did you know that protein, fiber, and iron are key to maintaining your energy level?
- Protein helps the body stay satiated after a meal
- Protein and Fiber help keep blood sugar balanced (which keeps your energy balanced)
- Iron helps carry oxygen to your muscles and your brain
- Fiber is high in beta-glucans which are beneficial to gut health...a healthy gut absorbs more nutrients...more nutrient absorption means more energy!
This recipe has 20g protein, 6g fiber, and 25% DV of iron. 💪💪 Best of all, it’s made with all REAL FOOD ingredients.
2/3 cup Double Protein Oats
1 tsp cinnamon
1-1/3 cup boiling water
1 pinch salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 rounded teaspoon blackstrap molasses
2 egg whites (you can sub 1 whole egg), whisked together
- Boil water.
- Stir oats, cinnamon, sea salt, and vanilla extract into boiling water.
- Simmer for 10 minutes (cook oats until they are on the dry side).
Turn off the heat.
- Stir in the molasses. (Tip: use the same spoon you measure the molasses with to stir into the oats.)
- Whisk the egg whites into the oats slowly. (Tip: Wedge the handle of the pot between your elbow and body to keep it from spinning when you are whisking the egg whites in.)
- Oats should be creamy and delicious.
Enjoy with your favorite fruit. Store for up to a week in the fridge or bake extra oatmeal into muffins—fold in your favorite frozen fruit or a banana for extra flavor and nutrition! ...