We all know seeds are incredibly healthy and eco-friendly (see more below), but most of us don’t crave a handful of seeds. Our Mix-Ins will change that because they are utterly delicious! We combine pumpkin, sunflower and chia seeds with sweet, chewy dates to give you the crunch and sweetness your taste buds want. Then, we boost the flavor with indulgent either dark chocolate chips, tart cranberries, or cinnamon apples to add even more antioxidants and taste.
Mix-Ins are designed to support your immune system with mother nature’s antioxidants. For example, sunflower, pumpkin, and chia seeds are packed with immune-boosting nutrients like zinc, vitamin E, and magnesium. Dates also pack these vitamins and minerals as well as flavonoids, carotenoids and phenolic acid that help your body fight off viruses and support your immune system. You should aim to get these nutrients from your food rather than supplements because the nutrition in food is more bio-available and not degraded by processing agents.
More Special Features
Seeds require significantly less water to grow than nuts, which makes them a more eco-friendly choice.
About our farms
We source our sunflower seeds from farms in the mid-western region of the U.S., and our dates are from Southern California. Our chocolate, pumpkin seeds (pepitas) and chia seeds are imported because they are not grown in the U.S. All the ingredients in Mix-Ins are organic.
How to Use
Mix-Ins are so versatile that we made an entire recipe guide of ideas for you! Scroll down to get your copy sent to you. In the meantime, here are just some ideas on how to use them.
- Enjoy as a nut-free trail mix.
- Top your cereal or yogurt with nutrition, flavor, and crunch.
- Add to salads and superfood grain bowls.
- Mix into your stuffing for Thanksgiving.
- Grind into a flour and use as a paleo friendly muffin or pancake mix.
- Dress up your oatmeal to add flavor, vitamins, fiber, and protein.
- Why do we test for glyphosate and other commercial agricultural chemicals in organic ingredients? We know that toxic chemicals can drift from surrounding fields and waterways to organic fields. We also know that sometime ingredients are fraudulently labelled organic when they are actually not. This is particularly a problem with imported ingredients. To ensure our ingredients are as clean as possible, we test them for over 400 conventional agricultural chemicals, including glyphosate. You can scan the QR code on any package to see the purity test results for your ZEGO product and the list of the 400 chemicals we test for. You will also find the results in the Food Safety section on our website.
- See our Purity Test Results for Mix-Ins.
Vegan, Paleo, Low Glycemic, Top 12 Allergy Free Facility: No Soy, No Peanut, No Tree Nuts, No Sesame, No Dairy, No Egg, No Mustard, No Sea Creatures, No Wheat, No Gluten, No Sulfites, No Corn On Equipment, No Preservatives