- To make our Seed+Fruit bars, we combine organic sweet California dates with sunflower seeds, chia seeds and sacha inchi seed protein to bring you a protein snack bar that is warm, sweet and delicious. We do not need to add “natural flavors” because our ingredients are naturally delicious! Our Sunflower Date flavor is a beautiful, wholesome combination of sunflower butter and dates. Our Apple Cinnamon tastes like an apple crisp dessert. Our chocolate is truly fudgy with mini dark chocolate chips for added taste and texture. And, finally, our Lemon Ginger is spicy and tart from the lemon oil and spice combination of turmeric, pepper, and ginger. If you like lemon ginger kombucha, you willl love this unusual savory flavor.
- We believe our nutrition should come from real food, not additives or synthetic ingredients. So, we select ingredients for our Seed+Fruit Bars that are nutrient-dense and delicious. Our sunflower seeds are high in minerals and vitamin E. The chia seeds pack over 500mg of ALA Omega 3 fatty acids into each bar. Sacha inchi seeds add whole food protein with the most balanced amino acid profile of all the plant proteins on the market. The spice combination we use in our Lemon Ginger flavor is an anti-inflammatory blend of ginger and turmeric to support your long-term health.We add black pepper to give it an extra kick and because it increases absorption of the turmeric by up to 90%.
- Our sacha inchi protein powder is a whole food protein, not an isolate. Rice, pea, soy, and whey protein are isolated using chemicals or enzymes and can be very hard to digest. Sacha inchi protein is considered a “whole food” protein because it is simply roasted seeds cold pressed to remove the oil and ground into a powder.
More Special Features
- Our Seed+Fruit bars are organic. We do not use any problemmatic ingredients like rice syrup, which can be high in arsenic and anti-nutrients, or highly processed protein “crisps.” We avoid all ingredients that can irritate your stomach like erythritol or aspartame, chickory root (inulin).
- Vegan, Paleo, Low Glycemic, Top 12 Allergy Free Facility, No Soy, No Peanut, No Tree Nuts, No Sesame, No Dairy, No Egg, No Mustard, No Sea Creatures, No Wheat, No Gluten, No Sulfites, No Corn On Equipment, No Preservatives
About Our Farms
- 60%-80% of the ingredients in our Seed+Fruit bars come from U.S. farms in the Mid-West (sunflower seeds) and California (dates). We import our organic chocolate, spices, sacha inchi seeds, and chia seeds from trusted suppliers we’ve used for many years.
How to Use
- Our Seed+Fruit Bars are a nutritious protein snack that will tide you over between meals or can be used as part of an on-the-go breakfast. They are nut free and so safe to send to school. Try cutting them into pieces and rolling into ball with a smaller piece of our fruit bars in the middle for a fun variation for lunch. They also add great staying power to smoothie bowls and are satisfying as an after dinner treat.
- Why do we test for agricultural chemicals in our organic Seed+Fruit Bars? We started testing for agricultural chemicals in our bars in 2016 when some tests we ran showed high levels of the chemical glyphosate in the cinnamon we purchased, Sometimes, commercial pesticides get into food due to fraud, as in the case of our organic cinnamon, and other times it is from contaminated waterways and soil.
- Why do we test our chocolate and sacha inchi seed powder for heavy metals? Some crops historically have measured high in metals like lead, cadmium and arsenic, which can cause serious health problems. This is due to contamination caused by man’s activity, like mining, arsenic-based fertilizer, and improper disposal of batteries.We test to ensure the ingredients we buy are safe under California’s strict Prop 65 guidelines.
- Scan the QR code on any package to see the purity test results for your bar and the list of the 400 chemicals we test for or see the results in our Food Safety section on our website.
- See Test Results for Seed+Fruit Bars.
- Made in a Top 12 Allergy Free Facility, No Soy, No Peanut, No Tree Nuts, No Sesame, No Dairy, No Egg, No Mustard, No Sea Creatures, No Wheat, No Gluten, No Sulfites, No Corn On Equipment, No Preservatives
Whether you use these bars to fuel or recover from your workout, throw into a lunch box or your travel bag, overcome late afternoon hunger, or have as a nutritious dessert, we know you will love their chewy-crunchy texture. And, with four flavors to choose from, you are sure to find a favorite. Try starting with a sampler pack to discover which flavor makes your taste buds happiest.
ZEGO’s Seed+Fruit Bars’ goodness comes from the natural nutrition in our organic superfood ingredients: seeds, dates, maple syrup, and pink Himalayan salt. They have no added colors or flavors or highly processed ingredients. In fact, even our protein powder is simply crushed, lightly roasted seeds. These bars pack an incredible amount of nutrition into just 150-170 calories — 6g of protein, 4g of fiber, and 500mg ALA Omega 3 fatty acid — and they are low glycemic, which means they won’t spike your blood sugar. As with all our products, ewe test very batch for allergen and gluten cross contact and every harvest is for agricultural chemicals and glyphosate. We also test our protein powder and chocolate for heavy metals. You may access all these test results on this website or by scanning each product’s “T Code” (QR Code).