Does fall having you craving all things pumpkin? Well, we have you covered with this incredibly easy and delicious recipe for allergy friendly pumpkin muffins (that’s right, they are free of gluten, peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and dairy)! We made these the other day, and the office filled with the aroma of pumpkin spice, it was just perfect for fall.
These muffins disappeared quickly, so be prepared to make a second batch 😉 But don’t worry too much, because not only do they taste delectable, they also have some surprising health benefits hidden inside!
First, the pumpkin provides beta-carotene, which helps your eyes and skin stay healthy. Second, the ZEGO Bar crust adds extra protein and fiber helping you stay full longer. And of course, we never use any artificial sweeteners, flavorings, or colors that you find in most of the pumpkin spice things you can buy right now.
Chocolatey ZEGO Allergy Friendly Pumpkin Muffins:
Recipe (makes 12-15 muffins):
- 1 2/3 cups of gluten-free flour
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon (we like to use Spicely organic)
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 3/4 cup of coconut sugar
- 1 cup of pumpkin (roasted yourself has more pumpkin flavor, but canned works too!)
- 1 cup of melted coconut oil (you can also use butter or ghee)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of dairy-free chocolate chips (we like Pascha)
- 2 eggs (can sub flax eggs to make it vegan)
- 2 Seed+Fruit Chocolate ZEGO bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium bowl, combine all dry ingredients together and stir well
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, pumpkin, coconut oil, and vanilla extract
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, incorporating well
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Grease muffin pan
- Add in the ZEGO bars
- Either dice the bars and fold into the batter (like chocolate chips),
- Or Press the bars out until thin, and place on the bottom of the greased muffin pan for a chocolate muffin crust (like we did below).
- Pour batter into muffin pan
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean