Glyphosate was invented by Monsanto (now owned by Bayer) and is used in products like Round Up. It is the leading chemical herbicide used in the farming industry.
Is Glyphosate a Health Risk?
* Some studies show a correlation between glyphosate exposure and certain cancers, endocrine disruption and celiac-type symptoms.
* Some countries ban or restrict the use of glyphosate altogether. The U.S. EPA has set a safety threshold for glyphosate exposure that is 127X higher than the threshold the California EPA is considering.
* There are approximately 4000 court cases pending against Monsanto/Bayer where the plaintiff claims exposures to the chemical harmed their health.
Can You Avoid Glyphosate?
Companies and farms are not required to measure and report how much glyphosate residue is on their food, like ZEGO does. We encourage you to email companies you buy from and ask them to start testing and reporting for glyphosate and allergens. Still, if you want to minimize your exposure, there are actions you can take.
* Choose organic when you can.
* Avoid GMO crops are more likely to have Roundup/glyphosate used on them, like conventional (not organic) soy, wheat and corn.
* For produce, keep the “dirty dozen” list, which covers many chemicals including glyphosate, on your phone and use it.
Want to Read More? Start Here.