Dark Chocolate Oat Cake Bars
Allow us to introduce to you a decadent cake that is high in protein and fiber, low in sugar, single serve, dairy free, and a cinch to make!
This recipe is the third in a three-part series from Catrina Brewer @granolabarpan is the genius behind The Granola Bar Pan.
You see, the biggest challenge for making homemade granola bars is usually in the pressing and cutting — too big, too small, or the bar falls apart under the knife. Catrina’s pans make it easy and even have a special block to pressing each bar down.
Dark Chocolate Oat Cake Bars: How this Snack is Better
A single serving cake bar that is made with nutrient dense ingredients? Count us in! ZEGO Double Protein Oats make these cakes high in protein and fiber! They are naturally sweetened with banana and a touch of maple syrup. But don’t worry, the fiber from the oats will keep your blood sugar from spiking! Did you know that deliciously indulgent cocoa powder is a nutrient powerhouse itself? Yep! Here comes a good dose of magnesium, copper, zinc, and iron. These bars don’t have any fat in them so all the more reason to slather them with peanut butter for a quick and simple frosting!
Special Diet Features
These delicious oat cakes are allergy friendly and free from the top 8 allergens-wheat/gluten, dairy, egg, soy, tree nut (including coconut), peanut, fish, shellfish, and sesame.
Dark Chocolate Oat Cake Bars: The Recipe
1 cup Double Protein Zego Oats
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup honey or maple syrup for vegan
1/4 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- No prep required for the Granola Bar Pan but for this recipe it is helpful to spray with an avocado oil spray.
- Pulse oats in blender or food processor until oats are consistency of flour.
- Add in cocoa, baking powder & baking soda – pulse 3 times. Empty dry mix into medium bowl.
- To mash bananas: peel & pulse in blender until smooth. Add vanilla & honey – pulse until mixed.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients – stir until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour equal amounts (about 1.5 Tbl) of mix into each cavity of GBP – use fill lines to help determine equal portions.
- Bake for 15 min or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely, then run a spoon along edges if they are sticking. Pull sides of GBP away from center & push up from bottom to pop out each bar.
Store in airtight container on counter for 3-5 days or in fridge for 7-10 days.