Our organic gluten free Double Protein Oats are purity protocol gluten free (the highest GF standard) and have about twice the protein of typical rolled oats (10g per 48g serving v. 5-6g) and 20%-40% more fiber, which means they have a lower glycemic load.
- How are our oats so high in protein? Our high protein is a natural feature of the variety of oats our farmers grown, which was selected due to its high protein content and growing height (see Purity Protocol info below). This higher protein is retained because we do not heat process the oats before rolling them out for you. Our oats hulls are very loose and fall off during harvest, whereas other brands have to steam their grains to remove the hulls, which decreases protein content.
- What about anti nutrients, mycotoxins, and enzyme activity bitterness? Because our oats are raw, their natural enzymes are still active, and that activity can result varying levels of bitterness in the raw product. The good news is that those enzymes are preventing the development of anti nutrients like phytates that can interfere with nutrient absorption and cause digestive upset. In addition, because our oat hulls are naturally extremely loose around the grain, they also have much lower mycotoxins than other typical hulled oat grains. You should always cook any kind of oats and especially raw oats. This will neutralize the bitterness from the enzyme activity.
- Are these oats good for diabetics? Our oats are low glycemic — they have no added sugar and are higher in fiber than other brands. This makes them a better choice for diabetics.
INGREDIENTS: Organic Purity Protocol Gluten Free Oats, glyphosate free
Did you know oats are supposed to have a flavor? Commercial oats are heat processed (steamed) before you get them which takes away their flavor. Our raw oats are full of delicious oat flavor because they aren’t cooked until YOU cook them, and so they retain their earthy goodness. The flakes are more delicate than other oats creating a creamy oatmeal texture with a nice chew or a very crunchy cookie.
As oatmeal, boil 2 parts water with a small pinch of salt, stir in 1 part oats and simmer 10 minutes (stovetop is better than microwave). But don’t stop there, with a little attention, our gluten free Double Protein Oats will be your new favorite food in your pantry!
- You must COOK raw oats (or at least combine them with boiling water) to break the bitterness of the enzymes but we have found you can use them in protein balls with stronger flavors like chocolate and raspberry without cooking.
- Check out our recipes for Best Oatmeal Cookies and High Protein Pizza Crust and more.
- Makes an incredibly creamy oat milk too but is a bit different (cover oats in boiling water and let sit 15 minutes before adding to cold water in blender). The remaining oat “meal” as breakfast porridge with our Mix-Ins for added crunch, fruit sweetness and nutrition or use as baby food).
- If you love overnight oats or oat milk, simply pour boiling water over them first. Let sit for 15 minutes before refrigeration.
- Wonderful in recipes for cookies, granola, or tortillas (baking also eliminates bitterness).
- Do not toast dry or soak in cold liquid as that will enhance enzyme activity.