You asked, so we made a nut-free trail mix that can also be used as an ingredient!
Back when we were having food shows, we would ask our allergy moms what product they needed most. What would make their days easier?
At the time we only made snack bars but we wanted to expand our product line to solve more pain points for people with allergies.
Resoundingly, our moms asked for a snack that could also be used as an ingredient. And, that is how we came up with our Mix-Ins nut-free trail mix!
Of all the delicious flavors we make, Apple Cinnamon, Chocolate Chip, and Cranberry, we find cranberry is the most versatile. And looking at this amazingly beautiful cranberry bog image above makes us fall in love with it all over again.
How to Use Cranberry Mix-Ins Nut-Free Trail Mix
Mix-Ins are so versatile that we made an entire recipe guide of ideas for you! Scroll down to get your copy sent to you. In the meantime, here are just some ideas on how to use them.
- Enjoy as a nut-free trail mix.
- Top your cereal or yogurt with nutrition, flavor, and crunch.
- Add to smoothie bowls for quick crunch and flavor.
- Add to salads and grains to turn an everyday meal into a home-cafe daily special.
- Mix into your stuffing for Thanksgiving.
- Grind into flour-like consistency and use as a paleo-friendly muffin or pancake mix.
- Dress up your oatmeal to add flavor, vitamins, fiber, and protein.
Enter your email address below, and we’ll deliver our Mix-Ins recipe guide straight to your inbox!
How our Nut-Free Mix-Ins Are Better
- Our nut-free Mix-Ins have crunchy pumpkin, chia, and sunflower seeds, not nuts like most brands. This is not only great for people with nut allergies but also for the environment. That’s because seeds require much less water to grow than nuts.
- We make this product in a facility free of all nut and peanut products.
Immune Boosting Ingredients
Our organic nut-free trail mix is designed to support your immune system with mother nature’s antioxidants. it is better to get these nutrients from your food rather than supplements because the nutrition in food is more bio-available and not damaged by processing.
- Sunflower and pumpkin seeds are packed with immune-boosting nutrients like zinc, vitamin E, and magnesium.
- Chia seeds add fiber and ALA omega 3 fatty acids to support brain health.
- Cranberries and dates are packed with fiber, vitamins like E and C, and minerals as well as flavonoids, carotenoids, and phenolic acid that help your body fight off viruses and support your immune system. Cranberries are particularly rich in Vitamin E, K1, Manganese, Quercitin, and Copper,
- We go beyond organic certification requirements and test our Mix-Ins for over 400 agricultural chemicals and glyphosate. Why? Because we know that toxic chemicals haven’t drifted from surrounding fields and waterways. Chemicals like glyphosate or paraquat may be used on neighboring land and contaminate organic fields. In addition, there is some fraud in the organic industry, so we like to be sure we and you are getting the purity we are paying for.
- Scan the QR code on any package to see the purity test results for your oat package and the list of the 400 chemicals we test for or see the results in our Food Purity section on our website.
Made in a Top 12 Allergy Free Facility, No Soy, No Peanut, No Tree Nuts, No Sesame, No Dairy, No Egg, No Mustard, No Sea Creatures, No Wheat, No Gluten, No Sulfites, No Corn On Equipment, No Preservatives, No Lupins. We also test each batch for peanut, milk, and gluten as a double-check that our facility is clean of allergens.
Colleen Kavanagh is the founder and CEO of ZEGO, a company that seeks to inspire changes in the food system so it better nourishes all people and our planet. She spent 20 years working to better nourish low-income children through improved public policies and programs, working for Congressman George Miller in Washington, DC and various anti-hunger nonprofits.
Colleen founded the nonprofit www.abettercourse.org. In 2013, she decided the only way to better nourish the most vulnerable is to leverage consumer demand through the marketplace to regenerating the food system and protect the most vulnerable. And that, lead to her starting ZEGO.
At ZEGO, we believe our customers have the power to change the food industry for the better. By giving you a platform and projecting your voice, we aim to change the culture of the food industry — establishing your right to know what’s in your food — so it better supports you, your community, and our planet.