Protein Pumpkin Pie Bars
While we absolutely adore the warm aromas and flavors of pumpkin pie, the classic recipe isn’t for everyone. Whether you’re accommodating guests with allergies, food sensitivities, different diets, or food preferences, this protein-rich, allergy-friendly, family-friendly, healthy pumpkin pie recipe is an incredibly delicious solution! Bring in this festive tradition that everyone can enjoy!
For this recipe, we collaborated with photographer and recipe developer Sam Guarnieri @samdoesherbest.
Sam used an allergy friendly recipe and ZEGO Plant Protein Powder to add a healthy boost to your daily protein intake.
Protein Pumpkin Pie Bars: How this Snack is Better
This pumpkin treat is gluten-free, grain-free, refined-sugar-free, and full of clean plant protein and healthy fats. It hits the spot without spiking blood sugar levels, leaving us feeling both satisfied and balanced.
Walnuts add a delightful crunch as well as plant based omegas and antioxidants, but they can be left out of the recipe if you have nut allergies or simply prefer your pumpkin pie nut-free.
These delicious pumpkin pie bars are allergy friendly and free from wheat/Gluten, dairy, egg, soy, tree nut (including coconut), peanut, fish, shellfish, the top 8 Allergens, sesame, alliums, apple, avocado, banana, beans & lentils, buckwheat, cane/refined sugar, celery, cruciferous, garlic, legume, lupin, mushroom, mustard, nightshade, oat, onion, pea & pea protein, potato (nightshade variety), poultry, red meat, rice, squash & gourd, strawberry, sweet potato & yam, tomato, and yeast.
The pumpkin pie bars are also a safe recipe for those who are vegan or gluten free.
Pumpkin Pie Bars: The Recipe
1 Cup Pumpkin Puree
½ Cup Creamy Almond Butter or Sun Flower Butter
¼ Cup Maple Syrup
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 Teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
¼ Teaspoon Salt
¼ Cup Walnuts (optional for nut-free)
- Preheat your oven to 350F and grease an 8×8 baking dish.
- Mix together the pumpkin puree, almond butter (or alternative), maple syrup, and vanilla extract in a bowl.
- Add in the protein powder, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt – mix until everything comes together.
- Fold in the walnuts, then transfer to your prepared baking dish & bake for 30 minutes.
- Carefully transfer to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely before slicing and topping with coconut whipped cream!