ZEGO Muesli Scones
Serves 6 | Vegan Friendly, GF
- 1 cup walnuts (or safe substitute)
- 2 cups ZEGO muesli (either flavor)
- 2/3 cup cassava flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup almond butter (or safe substitute)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 egg (or safe substitute)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Using small pulses, grind walnuts in a food processor until ground into a flour (a medium grind is fine — make sure to not pulse walnuts until they become a butter!).
- Pour walnut flour into a large bowl & combine with dry ingredients.
- Put wet ingredients in the food processor and pulse until combined in one smooth mixture.
- Combine wet and dry mixtures in the large bowl. Mix using a wooden spoon & your hands if necessary.
- Place mixture onto a piece of parchment paper and flatten. Cut into 2″-3″ strips and then cut each strip using alternating diagonals to create triangles.
- Transfer triangles onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake until golden brown (10-15 min).
- Let scones cool before removing them from the sheet.
- If you would like scones to be more dry like a biscotti, put them back in the oven at 275°F for approximately 10 minutes.
Yumm . . . someone’s baking! This delicious, simple “cookie scone” recipe is sure to make the house fill with warm, and tasty smells. This gluten free, whole grain recipe is the closest we’ve ever come to a true scone without spending half a day in the kitchen. You’re going to love it — you just have to choose if you want cranberry or cinnamon.
These muesli scones make a great breakfast or snack to enjoy at home and are customizable with your choice of ZEGO muesli. Have both flavors of muesli in your pantry at home? There’s no harm in making a batch using one flavor and another batch of scones with the other flavor! They’ll just last you and your family a bit longer!
If your kids are home, cooking with them is a fantastic way to get some hands-on activity time and learn about how different ingredients come together to create delicious, nourishing food options! Snap a photo of your baking time and share it with us on Facebook or Instagram — we’d love to see!