We love all things oatmeal, but baked oatmeal may be one of our very favorites. Here’s why:
- It’s so simple to make.
- The flavor combinations are endless! Try mixing in different berries or even peaches, nectarines, cherries, or diced apple. You can also mix up which ZEGO Mix-Ins you use- we have three different varieties to fuel your experimentation!
- It’s the perfect everyday meal prep recipe, but also fancy enough that you could serve it for brunch on the weekends. We love making a double batch on Sundays for brunch and then enjoying the leftovers all week long.
- It’s allergy friendly! Sensitive to gluten? No problem, ZEGO Double Protein Oats are gluten-free. Dairy free? Use a dairy free milk like almond or oat milk. Egg free? Try an egg substitute like a flax egg, made by mixing 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed meal with 3 tablespoons of water and letting it sit for 15 minutes.
- It tastes super indulgent, yet is made with nutrient dense ingredients you can feel good about eating!
Oatmeal Bake: How this Recipe is Better
It looks and tastes so decadent, yet it’s actually full of great, nutritious ingredients.
- Start your morning (or eat it as a dessert) with a healthy serving of protein, fat, and fiber.
- We recommend making this with our Double Protein Oats, which are easy to digest, purity verified, have twice the protein of typical rolled oats, and 20-40% more fiber.
- Oats, plus the ZEGO Mix-Ins, which are chock full of seeds, make the oatmeal bake have a lower glycemic load so your blood sugar does not spike and leave you feeling fatigued.
- Our Mix-Ins are full of immune-boosting nutrients like zinc, vitamin E, magnesium, flavonoids, carotenoids and phenolic acid that help your body fight off viruses and support your immune system.
Special Diet Features
The oatmeal bake is allergy-friendly: no wheat/gluten (make sure to use certified gluten-free oats like our Double Protein Oats), dairy, egg (if you use an egg substitute), soy, tree nut, peanut, fish, shellfish, sesame, or sulfites. It’s also vegan friendly if you use an egg substitute!
Oatmeal Bake: The Recipe
- 2 c rolled oats
- 1 c ZEGO Mix-Ins
- 1/3 c cane sugar or maple syrup
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- scant 1/2 tsp fine-grain sea salt
- 2 c dairy-free milk
- 1 egg or substitute
- 3 tbs oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 bananas, cut into 1/2″ slices
- 1 1/2 c blueberries or mixed berries
- Preheat oven to 375 with a rack in the top third of the oven. Generously grease the inside of an 8-inch square baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix together the oats, 2/3 c Mix-Ins, the sugar (if using), baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the maple syrup (if using), the milk, egg, oil, and the vanilla.
- Arrange the bananas in a single layer in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle 2/3 of the berries on top. Cover the fruit with the oat mixture.
- Slowly drizzle the milk mixture over the oats. Gently give the baking dish a couple thwacks on the countertop to make sure the milk moves through the oats. Scatter the remaining berries and Mix-Ins across the top.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, until the top is golden and the oat mixture has set.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes. Sprinkle with a bit more sugar or drizzle with maple syrup.
- Cool completely before cutting.
Did you make this recipe?
Be sure to tag @zegofoods on instagram and use the hashtag #PoweredByZEGO
0 Comments for “Oatmeal Bake”