No-Bake, Gluten-Free Granola Bars
These Gluten-Free Granola Bars are a great activity to make with the kids
Gluten-free granola bars can be hard to find, expensive, and have overly processed ingredients or ingredients you don’t like. But made the way you like it, you just can’t beat their convenience and crunch.
This recipe is the second in a three-part series from Catrina Brewer @granolabarpan is the genius behind The Granola Bar Pan.
You see, the biggest challenge for making homemade granola bars is usually in the pressing and cutting — too big, too small, or the bar falls apart under the knife. Catrina’s pans make it easy and even have a special block to pressing each bar down.
Photo credit: Jessie Boyd IG @jessieboydlifestyle
Mocha Java Bars: How this Snack is Better
Catrina’s favorite base to use in her gluten-free granola bar recipes are ZEGO’s Double Protein Oats. She has tried all the alternatives and ZEGO’s oats are the best of all. And, of course, she loves the purity verification and extra fiber and protein.
This recipe for Mocha Java Bars is delicious with or without the coffee. But get creative and experiment on your own and make your favorite flavor combo. The Granola Bar Pan can be used for both baked and unbaked recipes. We always recommend you bake or cook your Double Protein Oats stovetop. But Catrina loves using them in raw, refrigerated bars also.
Special Diet Features
Of course, the best part of make-your-own gluten-free granola bars is making them your special recipe. And, it’s not just flavors. You can choose ingredients that boost nutrition and fiber. Compared to granola bars in the store, this recipe gives you these added nutrition benefits:
- Almost double the protein from the Double Protein Oats
- About 1/3 more fiber from the Double Protein Oats
- Mineral and antioxident support from the cacao — be sure to choose a brand that is tested for heavy metals
- Extra protein, if you want it, by adding ZEGO’s Plant Protein (see recipe)
Mocha Java Bars: The Recipe
3 Tbl (42g) butter from grass-fed cows or other butter like cocoa butter
¼ cup (85g) honey
¼ cup (50g) brown sugar or coconut sugar
2 tsp instant coffee(leave out if coffee not desired)
¼ cup (28g) cocoa powder
OPTIONAL (add ¼ cup powdered seed or nut butter or ZEGO Plant Protein powder)
1 cup (90g) Double Protein Zego Oats
2 cups (50g) brown rice puffed cereal
¼ cup (45g) mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- No prep required for Granola Bar™ Pan (GBP).
- Heat butter, honey & brown sugar in large saucepan over medium heat until butter melts & sugar dissolves – do NOT boil. Take off heat, stir in coffee, cocoa powder & protein powder (optional) until dissolved.
- Stir in oats & rice cereal, set aside – let cool for 5 minutes then stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon equal amounts of mix into each cavity of the GBP. Use spatula or Granola Bar Press to firmly press mix in.
- Place in fridge for 60 minutes or freezer for 30 minutes.
- To release bars: pull sides away from middle of pan & push up from bottom to pop out. Store in airtight container on counter 3-5 days or in fridge for 7-10 days.
For vegan version: replace butter with coconut oil & honey with maple syrup or other sugary syrup substance similar to honey.
Did you make this recipe?
Be sure to tag @zegofoods on instagram and use the hashtag #PoweredByZEGO
0 Comments for “No-Bake, Mocha Java Gluten-Free Granola Bars”