Monster Gluten Free Halloween Cookies
Makes 12 Cookies | Gluten Free, Vegan
- 1/2 cup seed or nut butter (No Sugar Added)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup date syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 Tablespoons ZEGO Plant Protein
- 1 1/2 cups ZEGO Double Protein Oats
- 1/2 cup rice crisp cereal
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes unsweetened (I used toasted coconut flakes)
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- OPTIONAL 1/2 cup marshmallow (we used them to top the cookies for eyes) Candy eyes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Add the seed or nut butter, coconut oil, date syrup, egg, vanilla, sea salt, and baking powder in the bowl, and mix until well combined.
- In the same bowl, add in the dry ingredients. Mix all ingredients until well combined.
- Use a cookie scoop. These cookies will not spread much, using wet fingers, press the cookies down. Add a couple of marshmallows on top of each cookie for the eyes.
- Bake for 11 minutes. Cookies will look under-baked in the centers; they firm up once cooled. Add candy eyeballs on top of marshmallow for a spooky look.
- The gluten free Halloween cookies hold up well at room temperature for a week; they can be frozen or stored in the refrigerator.
Stephanie Labile designed these adorable gluten free Halloween cookies so they are healthy enough to eat for breakfast and cute enough for lunch box treats, and more than delicious enough to be enjoy as snack or dessert.
You’ll want to put them in your rotation for baking because they freeze so well. For those times of year when googled-eyes don’t make sense =), try replacing them with raisins, chocolate chips or ZEGO Just Fruit Bars cut into hearts or stars with mini cookie cutters!
Thank you to our vegan allergy chef Stephanie Labile @sweetorganicliving for this amazing recipe. Be sure too check out her blog at http://www.uniqueheartbeat.com.
If you subscribe to get regular delivery of your oats or any ZEGO product, you’ll save 10% and never risk running out. Enjoy!
Follow Stephanie on Instagram @sweetorganicliving