Gluten Free Oat Milk by Colleen
Makes 2+ cups oat milk
- 4T (1/4c) ZEGO Double Protein Oats
- approx. 1/3 cup boiling water
- small pinch of salt
- 2 cups water
- Put oats in a small bowl, cup or other heat friendly container.
- Pour boiling water over the oats to cover generously (approx. 1/3 cup).
- Let sit 10-15 minutes to soften oats and eliminate any bitterness.
- Add to blender with 2C water and a tiny amount of salt and blend for 30 seconds.
- Use as is for smoothies and milk.
For smoother milk, strain through a strainer lined with cheese cloth.
STORING: Keeps up to 1 week in the refrigerator in a glass jar. Shake to remix if needed.
SMOOTHIES: decrease water and add frozen fruit or ice cubes with your other ingredients.
No need to buy dairy free milk anymore! With this recipe, you can have creamier milk, better nutrition, and gluten free and allergy free safety.
What we also love about this recipe is that we aren’t burdening the environment by buying the plastic containers used for most non-dairy milks. And, we don’t put extra carbon in the air by shipping our non-dairy milk around the country that is mostly water.
It’s good for us AND good for the planet.
That’s the ZEGO way.
Gluten Free Oat Milk SMOOTHIE TIP ★★★★★
For smoothies, decrease your water and add in frozen fruit or ice cubes with your other ingredients. So easy, so delicious!