Pasta-Style Al Dente Rolled Oats
Being Celiac, I wouldn’t have made it through the 1980’s and 1990’s without rice. But now I’m concerned about heavy metal residue in brown rice. And, I’m not a fan of the lack of nutrition in white rice (though I must admit it’s the best option for Thai and Vietnamese dishes).
But now I’m over 50, which means I need fewer calories each day. So I’m trying to up my nutrition in every part of my daily meals and snacks so I don’t lose muscle mass and keep my immune system strong.
So decided to find a way to use my ZEGO Double Protein Oats as a base for my dinners–not just for their superior nutrition but also because they are quicker to cook than rice or other grains.
This cooking method is so easy, you can’t mess it up! And you can do so much with the al dente oats. I encourage you to cook up a couple of batches and freeze them for use throughout the month.
How This Al Dente Rolled Oats Recipe is Better
- Our oats have 3 times the protein and 4 times the fiber of brown rice (9 times the fiber of white rice).
- They also have a rich, earthy flavor that white rice lacks. Our al dente oats are a wonderful base for any dish.
My favorite way to use our al dente oats is to fry them in fat with spices to create “oat crunchies.” You can sprinkle these on salads, soups, or entrees, eat them as a high protein snack, or make a sweet version to boost nutrition in cereal or ice cream.
- 4 quarts of water
- 2 cups ZEGO Double Protein Oats
- 1 tsp salt
- Bring water to a rolling boil.
- Add salt.
- Add oats and stir once. You may need to lower the heat slightly so they don’t spill over.
- Boil for 6 minutes, more if you are at higher altitude.
- Drain oats using a strainer and run under cold water to rinse off some of the excess starch and stop the cooking.
- Use right away just as you would rice. Or, let cool and store in the refrigerator for up to 10 days or freeze for longer.
Did you make this recipe?
Be sure to tag @zegofoods on Instagram and use the hashtag #PoweredByZEGO
Organic Plant Based Protein Powder (15oz bag)$29.99 — or subscribe and save 10%
Organic Gluten-Free Muesli: Nut Free Cinnamon Twist (13oz)$9.99 — or subscribe and save 10%
Organic Muesli: Apple Cranberry (13oz)$9.99 — or subscribe and save 10%
Product on saleOrganic Plant Protein (5 bags, 15 oz each)— or subscribe and save 5%
Sunny Day Fruit Bars – Apple Strawberry$9.99 — or subscribe and save 10%
Sunny Day Fruit Bars with Benefits – Apple Cherry$9.99 — or subscribe and save 10%
0 Comments for “Pasta-Style Al Dente Rolled Oats”