What’s the secret to getting the most nutrition, taste, and true pancake texture out of oatmeal gluten-free pancakes?
Mashed bananas, nutritional yeast, and sweet rice flour. Seriously. You’ll be so full and satisfied you’ll likely not eat again until dinner!
(And if you can’t find nutritional yeast or sweet rice flour, no worries. These are delicious without it too!)
Did I forget to mention the BACON? Now, for you vegans out there, trust me this is just as delicious without (try sprinkling on some smoked salt after you pour the batter into the skillet to build that extra layer of flavor). But if you are so inclined, adding bacon to this recipe gives it that bit of savory balance to the banana’s sweetness that I know you’ll love.
These are hearty pancakes for sure, so freeze some for later. You’ll love them toasted and topped with seed or nut butter.
How This Banana Oatmeal Gluten-Free Pancake Recipe is Better
There are so many nutrients to celebrate in the ingredients I chose for this recipe.
- I used our Double Protein Oats as the base of this recipe, so you’ll get about double the protein you’d get using other typical oatmeal brands and more fiber and iron.
- I added a small amount of nutritional yeast because it is high in Lycine, an essential amino acid that complements our oats to ensure the protein in them fully bioavailable.
- There’s no sugar added! All you need is the sweetness of the banana. For those who like more sweetness, I recommend mashing extra banana and putting it on top of your stack.
Banana Oatmeal Gluten-Free Pancakes
The number of gluten-free pancakes this makes depends on the size you make them! For me, it made about 12 pancakes 5″ across. Be sure to stretch out the batter in the pan like we do in the video below. If you do this quick step, you will have perfectly browned (not burned) oat pancakes.
- 1C mashed banana + 1/2C more to serve on top
- 2 eggs (omit if allergic)
- 1T ghee or mild olive oil
- 1/4C water
- 1T vanilla
- 1.5C ZEGO Double Protein Oats flour (to make flour, grind oats in the food processor or high-speed blender for 1-2 minutes)
- 1/4C sweet rice flour (if you don’t have this, increase your oats by the same amount. Sweet rice flour lightens the pancakes and make them a bit more chewy–more like wheat pancakes. But they are delicious either way.)
- 1T nutritional yeast (you can omit or sub regular or dairy-free parmesan cheese)
- 1t baking soda
- 1/4t baking powder (or corn-free alternative)
- 1 pink or sea salt (or if not using bacon, try using smoked salt!)
- 1T cinnamon
- 2-4 slices of cooked bacon cut into bits (if omitting bacon, try sprinkling the top of the raw side of the pancake with some smoked sale once you put the batter in the pan)
- Mix together wet ingredients, leaving 1/2C mashed banana for topping.
- Whisk together dry ingredients except bacon if using.
- Add wet ingredients to dry with bacon and mix until combined. Do not over mix.
- Cook on a low over the stove or at 325 on an electric skillet. Oat pancakes take longer to cook than regular ones. To prevent burning, use a fork to gently spread out the batter on the pan to make the pancake thinner.
- Top with extra mashed banana or enjoy on their own.
If you love this, you might also like . . .
Did you make this recipe?
Be sure to tag @zegofoods on Instagram and use the hashtag #PoweredByZEGO
Organic Plant Based Protein Powder (15oz bag)$29.99 — or subscribe and save 10%
Organic Gluten-Free Muesli: Nut Free Cinnamon Twist (13oz)$9.99 — or subscribe and save 10%
Organic Muesli: Apple Cranberry (13oz)$9.99 — or subscribe and save 10%
Product on saleOrganic Plant Protein (5 bags, 15 oz each)— or subscribe and save 5%
Sunny Day Fruit Bars – Apple Strawberry$9.99 — or subscribe and save 10%
Sunny Day Fruit Bars with Benefits – Apple Cherry$9.99 — or subscribe and save 10%
0 Comments for “Banana Oatmeal Gluten-Free Pancakes”